Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My family members are just a herd of guinea pigs

For the last several months I have been plagued with a horrible pain in my neck.  The pain starts in the middle of the right side of my neck and shoots up behind my right ear and goes all the way down my neck and shoots down to my shoulder blade.  At times, the pain is quite excruciating. 

The other day I decided to make a liniment for my neck to relieve the pain.  I have arthritis in several of my fingers and believe it's quite possibly rheumatism, so I decided the pain in my neck could very well be caused by the same problem.  I used essential oils to make the liniment and since I convinced myself that I have rheumatism in my neck, the essential oils I chose to use were for rheumatism, arthritis, and inflammation.  When the liniment was ready, I began putting in on my neck several times a day for three days.  The liniment brought a little relief to my neck and it did relieve the stiffness, so I guess I could call the liniment a success. 

I was so focused on trying to decide if the liniment worked on my neck that I didn't give my hands a second thought.  Needless to say, I was quite stunned when I realized that the fingers on my left hand that are swollen and painful with rheumatism, felt better and not so stiff.  I realized that when I put the liniment on the right side of my neck, I always used my left hand and the liniment relieved the pain in the joints of my fingers.  I was quite excited by this discovery and have been using the liniment on ALL of my fingers on both hands for the last two days.  I'm amazed at how much better the middle finger on my right hand feels.  Two days ago, the joint by my fingernail on my middle finger hurt so bad that it was very painful to touch it, and I could barely bend it.  Now the pain's down to a slight throb.  FREAKIN' AMAZING!!

I love to experiment on family members, so I called my mother and told her about the affect my liniment experiment had on my fingers.  She was excited because she also has rheumatism in her fingers and has to deal with the daily pain.  I told her she was my first rheumatism guinea pig and I wanted her to try the liniment so I could make sure it really works, and it wasn't just a coincidence that it worked on me.  Of course, she's more than happy to help me with my little experiment.  I made her liniment last night and will take it to her in a day or two.  After she uses it for a couple of days, I'll let you know how her fingers feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment