Saturday, July 7, 2012

Grasshoppers Galore

The only grasshoppers I could catch
with my camera.  They're fast.
OMG! at the grasshoppers. My yard has been taken over by herb gobbling grasshoppers. I can't even walk in the yard without being in what looks like an ocean of the horrible things. I'm sad to say that they've devoured a lot of my beautiful herbs. Last week when I realized what was happening, I ran in the house and grabbed several bowls and the scissors and took off outside to "rescue" my herbs. I cut and cut and cut until I saved all of my herbs that I could. Well, I didn't actually save my herbs, but I did rescue some of the leaves so I could use them in my herbal recipes. It's just devastating.  I hate grasshoppers so much, but where I live it's inevitable that there are millions of them every single summer. Ugh! I would give anything if I knew how to murder them. I would gladly do it with a smile on my face while laughing evilly at their unfortunate demise. At least the spiders are fed well.  Too bad I hate spiders way more than grasshoppers. Just the thought of a spider's freaky little legs touching me and their nasty awful fangs sinking into my skin is enough to send me over the edge into a major creep-out. EEE-GADS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment