Tuesday, June 5, 2012

3rd Annual Gentles Family Reunion

This past weekend, we had our 3rd Annual Gentles Family Reunion.  Every year we rent three HUGE cabins right by each other at Beaver's Bend in Oklahoma and our whole family stays for the weekend.  We had so much fun.  Our family is pretty big, so it's really hard to get all of us in the same place at the same time.  This is the 3rd year in a row to try to get everyone at Beaver's Bend at the same exact time and this is the 3rd year in a row that we were unsuccessful.  Perhaps next year it'll happen.  Oh!  Wait!  Never mind.  My nephew just joined the Army...for the 3rd time, and him, his wife and two sons are moving to Alaska in 5 or 6 months and won't be able to come to the reunion next year.  They're so lucky, they get to move to someplace nice and cold while I remain behind in TEXAS.  If there's anyone in the whole entire world that shouldn't live in Texas, it's ME.  Too hot.  And when I say it's too hot, I mean it's TOO HOT!

Passion Flower
While we were at Beaver's Bend, I saw this beautiful flower down the road from our cabins.  It's intricacy and delicate appearance qualified it as the most beautiful flower I've ever seen.  This picture DOES NOT do it justice.  My mother said it was a Passion Flower.  It was so beautiful that my sister and I just stared at it for a long time.  The actual flower was probably about 2 1/2 to 3 inches across and 1 1/2 to 2 inches tall.  So beautiful.  I can't wait until next years reunion because we're gonna rent the same cabins and I'm gonna walk down the road and find these flowers again so I can stare at them some more and take tons of pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment